Application Procedures

U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents wishing to apply to a Lindenwood University graduate program should visit the Office of Evening and Graduate Admissions on the Lindenwood St. Charles campus, any of the extension campuses, or online at

To be considered for admission to the university, an applicant’s file must include each of the following documents:

  • Online application.
  • Current résumé.
  • Letter of intent, including a personal statement regarding your interest in the program and career goals.
  • Official undergraduate transcript(s) as well as official transcript(s) from any graduate school(s) attended.
  • Additional requirements, such as letters of recommendation, a portfolio, an audition, GRE/GMAT test scores, or other requirements identified by the academic school. 

Once the application is submitted, an admissions counselor will contact the applicant to answer any questions and assist in the admission process.

The applicant may email or call (636) 949-4933 with any admissions related questions. 

Note: A student must have a completed file and be admitted to the university before any financial aid will be processed. For application procedures specific to particular graduate programs or schools, please refer to the sections of this catalog that describe those programs.

International citizens wishing to apply to a Lindenwood University graduate program should visit the university website and select International Admissions, then visit the admissions process, required documents, and admissions links and complete the international application.

Note: International applicants to graduate programs should complete the International Application, not the Evening and Graduate Admissions Application.

To be considered for admission to the university, all international students are required to submit the following documents:

  • Online international student application.
  • Current résumé.
  • Personal statement indicating why the applicant wishes further education or describing the applicant’s long-term goals or a specific life experience.
  • An affidavit of support or official bank document or statement verifying the amount of personal/family funds, in U.S. dollars, available for tuition and educational expenses (books, insurance, and personal expenses.) All documents must be in English.
  • Official transcripts (or certified copies of university transcripts) showing that a baccalaureate degree has been conferred. Transcripts must be in their original language and accompanied by a certified English translation. These documents will not be returned to the student. They will become part of the student’s official file at Lindenwood University. The cost for the evaluation of the transcript will be incurred by the applicant. However, once the applicant obtains a visa and arrives at Lindenwood University, the cost of the evaluation will be refunded, provided that the applicant brings the receipt for the evaluation service.
  • Official TOEFL or IELTS score. For score reporting, the Lindenwood University code is 6367.
    • Required minimum TOEFL scores:
      • 550 (paper-based)
      • 213 (computer-based)
      • 80 (Internet-based)
    • Required minimum IELTS score: 6.5

Note: Applicants to the online MBA program must submit a minimum GMAT score of 500.

  • Passport (clear, readable copy of the identification page).

Once all application materials have been received, a member of the Office of International Students and Scholars will contact the applicant. For questions regarding international application, the applicant should refer to the New International Graduate Students page from the university website or contact the Office of International Students and Scholars.

The International Student Application and all required application materials may be mailed to

Lindenwood University,
Office of International Students and Scholars
209 South Kingshighway,
Saint Charles, MO 63301 USA.

Admission documents will also be accepted via e-mail and can be sent to

For questions or inquiries, call (636) 949-4982.

If transfer credit is requested from an international institution, students should submit, along with all documentation required for admission, a certified translation of course descriptions of foreign credits earned from their previous institution. 

Note: Students must request a course-by-course evaluation (not a document-by-document evaluation) in order to transfer credit to Lindenwood for particular coursework.

In addition to submitting the materials required for admission, international students wishing to transfer to Lindenwood from a SEVIS-sponsored school should also submit the following documents:

  • Official transcripts from the college or university previously attended, sent directly to Lindenwood University from the institution previously attended.
  • The SEVIS transfer eligibility form (found on the Lindenwood University website on the transfer international graduate students homepage) along with the letter of acceptance from Lindenwood University should be sent to the appropriate official at the school the student previously attended, where it will be processed and returned to the Lindenwood University Office of International Students and Scholars.
  • The student’s transfer will not be considered complete until Lindenwood University receives the completed transfer paperwork. Once the transfer application has been processed, Lindenwood will issue the student a Lindenwood I-20, permitting the student to legally reside in the U.S. as a full-time international student.

The SEVIS transfer eligibility form should be sent to the Office of International Students and Scholars’ direct email account,

Students are encouraged to be insured while studying in the United States. Lindenwood University does not provide insurance for students. Students may carry any health insurance policies they choose.In accordance with the Missouri Senate Bill 197, all applicants and students who took a term off and are now returning (except students born before 1956 and any student who is enrolled in an online degree program) must provide proof of the following immunizations prior to enrolling in the subsequent term:

  • Meningococcal Vaccination or waiver
  • Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire