Fees and Payments

Upon acceptance of admission to the university, the student likewise accepts all conditions of payment as well as all terms and regulations of the university. No promise or contract that differs from these terms shall bind the university unless it has been signed by the chief operating officer of Lindenwood University. The university reserves the right to increase or reduce fees each year according to changes in fiscal conditions.

Semester Graduate Tuition

Full-time residential semester rate (9-15 credit hours) $8,450/semester
Full-time commuter semester rate $480 /credit hour
Part-time semester rate $480/credit hour
Semester graduate overload fee $480/credit hour
Part-time Education Specialist (EdS) rate $530/credit hour
Part-time Doctor of Education (EdD) rate $760/credit hour

Five-term Graduate Tuition

Full-time five-term rate                                        $500/credit hour
Part-time five-term rate $500/credit hour

Residential Charges

Semester                                         $4,350/term
Five-term $2,640/term
Single room upcharge per semester $275
Single room upcharge per five-term $110
Academic Integrity Tutorial fee $25
Applied Music fee* $200/credit hour
Communications fee - Residence Halls - five-term $60/term
Communications fee - Residence Halls - semester $150/term
Counseling Internship fee $65/term
Culminating Project Extension fee $150
EdD fee – Dissertation Publication  $500
EdS fee – EDA 68000 Specialist Experience  $500
Experiential Learning Credit  $90/credit hour 
Experiential Learning/Portfolio fee (one-time)  $300 
Graduation processing/diploma fee EdS  $125 
Graduation processing/diploma fee EdD  $200 
Graduation processing/diploma fee master's  $125 
Housing Deposit (non-refundable)  $200 
Lab fee (in specified courses)  $5-$625/course 
Late Payment fee (per month)  $50 
New international student fee (one time) $100
Overload fee for residents - five term (a charge to full-time students who take more than nine credit hours)  $500/term
Overload fee for residents - semester (a charge to full-time students who take more than 15 credit hours) $480/semester 
Promissory Note fee  $25 
Resident Activity/Health fee - five-term $80/term 
Resident Activity/Health fee - semester $200/term 
Student Teaching fee  $300 
Studio fee**  $85/course 
Studio fee (general)  $30-$75/course 
Study Abroad fee  $300 
Technology fee - five-term $60/term 
Technology fee - semester $75/term
Technology fee - summer semester $40/term

*Applied music fees are applied to individual lessons in piano, voice, orchestral instruments, and organ.

**Studio course fees are applied to courses such as ceramics, color theory, photography, and figure drawing.

Notes: (1) The graduate contract degree rate will be determined at the time of admission into the program. (2) Provisions for extended stay housing and meals, degree programs, tutoring, and additional services are available upon request. (3) The communications fee covers telephone service, voicemail, and cable TV services. The university provides complimentary Internet service to resident students living in the dormitories and some campus housing.

An initial $200 housing deposit is required to reserve campus housing for residential students. By making the housing deposit, the student and the student’s parent or guardian indicate acceptance of the terms and conditions of the university. No refund of this housing deposit will be granted to any student who withdraws from the university after making this deposit but prior to the start of an academic term.

The housing deposit becomes a refundable room-damage deposit once the student has attended classes and the semester charges have been paid. This deposit remains on account at the university as long as the student resides in university housing. The cost for any damages to the student’s university housing will be deducted from the deposit.

Students are eligible for the refund of their deposit upon departure from campus housing (coinciding with graduation or any move from university housing). In order to qualify for this refund, students must meet all financial obligations to the university, satisfy all outstanding debts, and complete the residential checkout process. Any student wishing to move off campus and receive a refund of the housing deposit must also personally notify the Office of Residential Life in writing of plans to move out of university housing. Failure to do so by the date of the last class or exam of the semester or prior to vacating campus housing will result in forfeiture of the deposit.

Application materials for the refund of the room-damage deposit are available in the student portal.

All tuition charges and fees are due prior to the beginning of the term. Students should consult their student account representatives in the Business Office regarding due dates or to make other payment arrangements prior to the beginning of the term. Alternatively, students may also use their student portals to remit payment. Payment options include the following items:

  • Corporate Promissory Note: In the case that the student’s employer reimburses the student for the cost of tuition prior to the beginning of the semester or pays Lindenwood University directly, through the corporate promissory note. In this case, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the tuition payment is made or that the employer’s tuition voucher is submitted to the Business Office by the payment deadline of each semester. Students should register for courses and start the reimbursement/payment process with their employers as early as possible to meet the payment and federal financial aid deadlines. Failure to submit payment or the necessary paperwork to the Business Office by the published payment deadline may result in late fees. In addition, all transcripts and documents must be submitted to the Office of Evening and Graduate Admissions to ensure that a letter of admission is issued to the Financial Aid Office. Once the letter is submitted, federal and state aid programs can be administered. It is the student’s responsibility to follow up with the employer, the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office to ensure that all necessary steps have been completed by the deadline. Students should direct any questions regarding payment arrangements to the appropriate student account representative.

    All tuition charges and fees are due prior to the beginning of the term. Students should consult their student account representatives in the Business Office regarding due dates or to make other payment arrangements prior to the beginning of the term. Alternatively, students may use their student portals to remit payment. 

  • The Corporate Promissory Note is available to students who work for companies that have tuition reimbursement plans. Proof of employment and a copy of the company’s reimbursement policy must be on file in the Business Office. The amount of the promissory note cannot exceed the amount the employer pays for tuition for each term. The due date for all promissory notes is 30 days following the conclusion of the term for which the note applies. A monthly late charge will be assessed after this date. By signing a promissory note, students give Lindenwood University permission to contact their employers if the note is not paid by the date due. Any payment or financial aid received prior to the promissory note due date will be applied to the balance appearing on the student’s account.

  • Direct Debit Payment Note (DDP): Lindenwood University offers a direct debit payment plan for the convenience of students. Payments can be made directly (electronically) from a checking or savings account; there are no fees associated with this method of payment.

Students must meet all financial obligations to the university in order to qualify for continued enrollment or graduation. Each semester or term, students must pay all money due to the university, including tuition, fees, parking fines, library fines, and any other financial obligation. A student with a delinquent account can expect the following consequences:

•    Enrollment for the subsequent term will not be allowed.

•    Final grades for the current term will be withheld.

•    A transcript will not be issued.

•    A diploma will not be issued.

The university reserves the right to withdraw any student who fails to meet his/her financial obligations to the university. Students who are withdrawn for nonpayment are liable for all charges on their student accounts at the time of withdrawal.

In the event that a student wishes to withdraw from the university by withdrawing from all classes in which the student is enrolled—not from a single class—the conditions below apply with respect to the refund of tuition charges:

  • Any student who withdraws from the university prior to the beginning of a term is eligible for a refund of all payments for that term except the initial $200 housing deposit.
  • Any student who withdraws from all courses after a term has begun is eligible for a refund of the tuition charges (including course-overload charges) for the courses the student attended upon the start of the term. Refunds are granted according to the schedule in the tables below.

Refunds for Semester Schedule Courses

Time of Withdrawal from University

Tuition Refund

Withdrawal before 1st class meets 100 percent
During weeks 1 and 2 of term 75 percent
During week 3 of term 50 percent
During week 4 of term 25 percent
After week 4 of term No refund

Refunds for Five-Term Schedule Courses

Time of Withdrawal from University

Tuition Refund

Before 1st class meets 100 percent
Before 2nd class meets 75 percent
Before 3rd class meets 50 percent
Before the 4th class meets 25 percent
After 4th class meets No refund

Full-time resident semester students whose academic status is not affected by the withdrawal from a course or courses they have already attended are not eligible for any refund of tuition for the withdrawal from those courses. No refunds are granted to students who remain enrolled unless the student never attended the course being dropped.

Note: The reduction in credit hours resulting from withdrawing from a course will also result in a review and adjustment of the student’s financial scholarship, if applicable.

Students wishing to withdraw from Lindenwood University should submit a completed withdrawal form (with the signatures of the instructors for each of the courses the student attended and the signature of the student’s advisor) to the Office of Academic Services.

Notes: (1) Calculations of the return of Title IV aid for withdrawals occurring during the first two weeks of a term will be based on the last date of attendance for the term in which the student withdraws. Students who initiate a withdrawal from the university after the first two weeks of the term will be eligible for a refund of Title IV aid based on the date that the withdrawal form was submitted to Academic Services.

(2) Any student who earns the grade of AF in all coursework within a term will be considered unofficially withdrawn for that term and will be subject to a Title IV refund calculation. Based on this calculation, a portion of Title IV aid may be unearned and required to be returned to the appropriate agency.

(3) No refund for residential charges will be made for a term after the student signs either a New Student Housing Application or a Returning Student Housing Application. Application, activity, lab, miscellaneous fees, and room reservation deposits are nonrefundable.

(4) The enrollment fee is nonrefundable after May 1.

Appeals of withdrawal and refund calculations or other institutional charges from students and parents who feel that individual circumstances warrant exceptions from published policy should be addressed to the assistant vice president for the business office, located in Roemer Hall. In order to appeal a decision, the student must submit a written request including any evidence that would substantiate the appeal.

After the amount of the refund has been calculated, the Financial Aid Office will determine the Title IV refund amounts according to the calculation schedule approved by the U.S. Department of Education. Refunds to specific Title IV programs will be made to the following programs in the order outlined:

  1. Outstanding balances on FFEL Program Loans (Unsubsidized Stafford, Subsidized Stafford)
  2. PLUS
  3. Federal Pell Grant awards
  4. Federal SEOG awards
  5. Other Title IV student assistance
  6. Other federal, state, private, or institutional aid
  7. The student

No Title IV program may receive a portion of the federal refund amount if that program was not part of the student’s original package.

When a student officially or unofficially withdraws from school and has received a cash disbursement for educational expenses that exceeds non-institutional costs of education up to that time, the student owes the excess amount to the Title IV program(s) that helped meet the student’s educational costs. Lindenwood University will follow the same procedures used in the refund policy to determine which Title IV program(s) will receive the student-owed repayment. The university will notify, bill, and collect the amount owed the Title IV program(s) from the student.