Academic Services

Transcripts may be ordered in the following ways:

  1. Online Requests - may be submitted via the online service provider with options of transcripts being sent electronically or US Postal Service at $8 per copy. 

  2. In Person Requests - may be requested at the Main Street counter in Spellmann. Requests submitted in person are processed for pickup immediately. Students must submit a completed Transcript Request Form and payment by cash, check or money order for $8. Transcripts requested in person are only available for pick-up. Requests to have transcripts mailed are only available through the online service.

Unless otherwise prohibited by law, transcripts will not be issued for students who have unsatisfied financial obligations with the university. Students will be given 30 days after a transcript request has been made to clear any outstanding balance with the Bursar's Office. After 30 days, it will be the student’s responsibility to submit a new request for transcript.

Official transcripts are sent directly to a college, employer, or other agency and bear the university seal. Student copies may be sent directly to the student and are identified as such. The fee for either type of transcript is the same.

In accordance with federal law (The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), student transcripts are issued only at the written request of a student. A transcript will not be released without the student’s signature appearing on the request. Transcript requests are not accepted by telephone or email.

A transcript is a picture of the student’s complete record at Lindenwood University. Partial transcripts are not issued. Transcripts of work completed at other colleges must be obtained directly from those institutions.

Note: All information in each student’s university record is considered confidential and is issued only to authorized individuals.

Grade reports are available through the student portal, as are unofficial transcripts, class schedules, and information regarding ledger statements and financial aid. Because grade reports are available online to all students, Lindenwood University no longer mails grade reports to students.

Students who need a copy of their grades for employer reimbursement may print a copy from the student portal. If a student’s workplace will not accept the printed copy, the student should submit a written request to Academic Services ( and a copy will be sent to the employer. The request must include the mailing address to which the report should be sent, student ID, term for which grades are requested, the signature of the student making the request, and a contact telephone number.

If students have any questions about their email accounts or their student portals, they can contact

In conformance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (the Buckley Amendment), Lindenwood University has established a system to ensure that students have complete access to their educational records and the right to challenge information they believe to be inaccurate or misleading. Information about these procedures can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. Unless specifically prohibited by the student, Lindenwood University may release “directory information” at its discretion for government-mandated reporting, news releases, and other purposes that it believes serve the student’s interest. This includes

  • Full name
  • Local and home addresses
  • Local and home telephone numbers
  • Email address
  • Date and place of birth
  • Most recent educational institution attended
  • Enrollment status
  • Class level
  • Dates of attendance
  • Degrees, awards, and honors received
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
  • Weight and height of athletic team members
  • Photographs

Students may withhold information from some of these disclosure requests by notifying the Office of Academic Services in writing the first week of each term. All written requests for non-disclosure will be honored by the university for only one term; therefore, authorization to withhold student information must be filed during each term of attendance. Students have a right to voice any concerns to the U.S. Department of Education.

FERPA permits the disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from students’ education records, without consent of the student, if the disclosure meets certain conditions found in §99.31 of the FERPA regulations. Except for disclosures to school officials, disclosures related to some judicial orders or lawfully issued subpoenas, disclosures of directory information, and disclosures to the student, §99.32 of FERPA regulations requires the institution to record the disclosure. Eligible students have a right to inspect and review the record of disclosures. A postsecondary institution may disclose PII from the education records without obtaining prior written consent of the student 

  • To other school officials, including teachers, within Lindenwood University system whom the school has determined to have legitimate educational interests. This includes contractors, consultants, volunteers, or other parties to whom the school has outsourced institutional services or functions, provided that the conditions listed in §99.31(a)(1)(i)(B)(1) - (a)(1)(i)(B)(3) are met. (§99.31(a)(1))
  • To officials of another school where the student seeks or intends to enroll, or where the student is already enrolled if the disclosure is for purposes related to the student’s enrollment or transfer, subject to the requirements of §99.34. (§99.31(a)(2))
  • To authorized representatives of the U.S. comptroller general, the U.S. attorney general, the U.S. secretary of education, or state and local educational authorities, such as a state post-secondary authority that is responsible for supervising the university’s state-supported education programs. Disclosures under this provision may be made, subject to the requirements of §99.35, in connection with an audit or evaluation of federal- or state-supported education programs, or for the enforcement of or compliance with Federal legal requirements that relate to those programs. These entities may make further disclosures of PII to outside entities that are designated by them as their authorized representatives to conduct any audit, evaluation, or enforcement or compliance activity on their behalf. (§99.31(a)(3) and §99.35)
  • In connection with financial aid for which the student has applied or which the student has received, if the information is necessary to determine eligibility for the aid, determine the amount of the aid, determine the conditions of the aid, or enforce the terms and conditions of the aid. (§99.31(a)(4))
  • To organizations conducting studies for, or on behalf of, the school, in order to: (a) develop, validate, or administer predictive tests; (b) administer student aid programs; or (c) improve instruction. (§99.31(a)(6))
  • To accrediting organizations to carry out their accrediting functions. (§99.31(a)(7))
  • To parents of an eligible student if the student is a dependent for IRS tax purposes. (§99.31(a)(8))
  • To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena. (§99.31(a)(9))
  • To appropriate officials in connection with a health or safety emergency, subject to §99.36. (§99.31(a)(10))
  • If it is information the school has designated as "directory information" under §99.37. (§99.31(a)(11))
  • To a victim of an alleged perpetrator of a crime of violence or a non-forcible sex offense, subject to the requirements of §99.39. The disclosure may only include the final results of the disciplinary proceeding with respect to that alleged crime or offense, regardless of the finding. (§99.31(a)(13))
  • To the general public, the final results of a disciplinary proceeding, subject to the requirements of §99.39, if the school determines the student is an alleged perpetrator of a crime of violence or non-forcible sex offense and the student has committed a violation of the school’s rules or policies with respect to the allegation made against the student. (§99.31(a)(14))
  • To parents of a student regarding the student’s violation of any federal, state, or local law, or of any rule or policy of the school, governing the use or possession of alcohol or a controlled substance if the school determines the student committed a disciplinary violation and the student is under the age of 21. (§99.31(a)(15))


  • A “school official” is not defined in the statute or regulations, Lindenwood University interprets the term to include parties such as: professors; instructors; administrators; health staff; counselors; attorneys; clerical staff; board members; members of committees and disciplinary boards; and a contractor, volunteer or other party to whom the school has outsourced institutional services or functions.
  • A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill a professional responsibility.