Fees and Payments

When students have accepted an offer of admission to Lindenwood by paying the enrollment deposit, students and their parents and/or guardians likewise accept all conditions of payment as well as all terms and regulations of the university. Additionally, by making the non-refundable housing deposit (described below), the student and the parent or guardian acknowledge these terms and signify acceptance of these obligations. No promise or contract that differs from these terms shall bind the university unless it has been signed by the president or his designated agent. The university reserves the right to increase or reduce fees each year according to changes in fiscal conditions.

Housing Deposit

An initial housing deposit is required to reserve campus housing for residential students. By making the housing deposit, the student and the student’s parent or guardian indicate acceptance of the terms and conditions of the university. No refund of this housing deposit will be granted to any student who withdraws from the university after making this deposit but prior to the start of an academic term.

per the Housing Contract, "The Deposit shall be held by University as security for the full and faithful performance of each provision of this Contract to be performed by Student. The Deposit is not a measure of University damages in case of Student’s default hereunder. Upon receipt, the Deposit will be reflected as a credit on Student’s financial account with University. A Deposit submitted in connection with a prior academic term may continue to satisfy Student’s obligation to provide a Deposit under this Contract so long as such Deposit has not been otherwise applied by University to satisfy Student’s outstanding obligations. If the room to which Student is assigned is damaged during the period in which Student is entitled to reside therein, the cost of such damage will be deducted from the Deposit. Any amounts deducted from the Deposit must be repaid by Student upon demand from University, and in any event prior to the start of the next academic term. The Deposit is not a cap on Student’s responsibility for damages and Student will be charged for damages to housing that exceed the Deposit.

No refund of the Deposit will be granted if Student withdraws from attending University after making the Deposit but prior to the start or completion of an academic term. If Student elects to depart from on-campus housing at the end of the academic term, Student is entitled to a refund of the Deposit if Student has (a) satisfied all financial obligations to University and has no outstanding debts, (b) completed the residential checkout process, (c) otherwise complied with this Contract and returned the room to its original condition (subject to normal wear and tear), (d) submitted a “Request a Refund” form or similar application through the Student Portal, and (e) completed a Change of Status form in the Office of Residential Life or an Exit process, as applicable, in the Office of Student and Academic Support Services, which is located in the Library and Academic Resources Center, room 354. Failure to complete the Change of Status form or Exit process by January 1 for the spring semester or by June 1 for the fall semester will result in forfeiture of the Deposit."

Tuition and Fees

Full-time Traditional Undergraduate

12 - 18 credit hours $9,270

Overload fee (full-time students who take more than 18 hours in a term)

$475/credit hour

Part-time & Non-Traditional Undergraduate 

Undergraduate                                                     $475/credit hour

Room & Board Charges

Standard (Double or Triple) - Residence Hall $3,040-$3,240/16-week term
Single Room - Residence Hall $3,240-$3,540/16-week term
Single Room - House $3,640-$3,940/16-week term
Standard (Lion's Roam, Lion's Roar, & Lion's Pride $1,960/16-week term
Upgraded (Lion's Feast)  $2,160/16-week term

Other Fees

Academic Integrity tutorial fee                                                       $25 
Applied music course fee*  $200/credit hour 
Commuter Meal Plan $50/term 
Conferral processing/diploma fee - undergraduate $100
Culminating project extension fee - undergraduate $50
Early College Start Off-site   $60/credit hour 
Early College Start On-site or Online (Lindenwood)  $100/credit hour 
Enrollment deposit $200
Experiential learning credit  $90/credit hour 
Experiential learning/Portfolio fee (one-time)  $300 
Housing deposit (non-refundable) $200
International Student Fee (annual)  $100 
Lab fee (in specified courses)  $5-$625/course 
Late payment fee (per month)  $50 
New International Student fee - one time  $100 
Paramedicine Administration fee  $500***
Promissory note fee  $25/term
Student Teaching fee  $300 
Studio course fee**
Studio fee (general)  $30-$75/course 
Study Abroad fee $300

*Applied music fees are applied to individual lessons in piano, voice, orchestral instruments, and organ.

**Studio course fees are applied to courses such as ceramics, color theory, photography, and figure drawing.

***Fee added after March 2021 publishing - June addendum 06/14/2021. See Experiential Learning not Requiring a Portfolio for more information.

Notes: (1) Provisions for “extended stay” housing and meals, degree programs, and tutoring and additional services are available upon request.

(2) Students are expected to pay tuition charges prior to the beginning of each term. Students may use financial aid (grants and loans) as payment. Student Aid Reports and loan applications should be submitted to the Office of Student Financial Services prior to the beginning of each term.

(3) The university provides complimentary internet service to resident students living in the dormitories and in certain other campus housing.

Payment Options

All tuition charges and fees are due prior to the beginning of the term. Students should consult their Student Financial Services Counselor regarding due dates or to make other payment arrangements prior to the beginning of the term. Alternatively, students may also use their student portals to remit payment. Payment options include the following items:

  • Direct Corporate Invoicing is available for students who work for companies that require an invoice from Lindenwood University in order to process tuition assistance. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the employer’s tuition voucher is submitted to the Bursar's Office before the payment deadline of each term. Failure to submit the necessary paperwork to the Bursar's Office by the published payment deadline may result in late fees.
  • The Corporate Promissory Note is available to students who work for companies that have tuition reimbursement plans. Proof of employment and a copy of the company’s reimbursement policy must be on file in the Bursar's Office. The amount of the promissory note cannot exceed the amount the employer pays for tuition for each term. The due date for all promissory notes is 30 days following the conclusion of the term for which the note applies. A monthly late charge will be assessed after this date. Also, the student will forfeit the privilege of executing a promissory note in any future term if payment is not received in full by the due date. By signing a promissory note, students give Lindenwood University permission to contact their employers if the note is not paid by the date due. Any payment or financial aid received prior to the promissory note due date will be applied to the balance appearing on the student’s account. In addition, all transcripts and documents must be submitted to the Office of University Admissions to ensure that federal and state aid programs can be administered.
  • Lindenwood offers monthly payment plans. The Tuition Payment Plan is an alternative to paying each term's tuition and fees (including on-campus housing expenses) in full by the due date. Students are able to enroll in a payment plan online in their student portal.

Per 16-Week Enrollment Fee


Credit/Debit Card Fee 2.75% Domestic
Credit/Debit Card Fee 4.25% Foreign
ACH Payment Fee (Online Check) No additional Fee

Delinquent Accounts

Students must meet all financial obligations to the university in order to qualify for continued enrollment or graduation. Each term, students must pay all money due to the university, including tuition, fees, parking fines, library fines, and any other financial obligation. A student with a delinquent account can expect the following consequences:

•    Enrollment for the subsequent term will not be allowed.

•    Final grades for the current term will be withheld.

•    Unless otherwise prohibited by law, transcripts will not be issued for students who have unsatisfied financial obligations with the University.

•    A diploma will not be issued.

The university reserves the right to withdraw any student who fails to meet financial obligations to the university. Students who are withdrawn for nonpayment are liable for all charges on their student accounts at the time of withdrawal.

St. Charles City-County Library District Fines

The university, in cooperation with the St. Charles City-County Library District, will collect any fines or assessments due the library and bill them to the student’s account. Any sums due will be treated like any other student fee.

Withdrawal and Refund Calculation

Within the first week of a term, a student may drop classes via the student portal without having to obtain the signature of a faculty member. No grade of W will appear on the student’s transcript because of dropping classes during this week, and the classes will be dropped as “never attended."

In the event that a student wishes to withdraw from a course or courses or from the university altogether, the following conditions apply with respect to the refund of charges.

  • Any student who withdraws from the university prior to the start of the second week of a term is eligible for a refund of charges for that term except the initial enrollment and housing deposits, book vouchers, books, and other course materials. The refund of residential charges will be pro-rated.

  • Any student who withdraws from all of his or her courses after the start of the second week of the term is eligible for a refund of the tuition charges (including course-overload charges) for those courses, according to the schedule below.

Refunds for 12- & 16-Week Courses

Time of Withdrawal

Tuition Refund

Through week 1 of term (By Sunday 11:59 p.m. CST, Week 1)

100 percent

During week 2 of term (By Sunday 11:59 p.m. CST, Week 2)

75 percent

During week 3 of term (By Sunday 11:59 p.m. CST, Week 3)

50 percent

During week 4 of term (By Sunday 11:59 p.m. CST, Week 4)

25 percent

After week 4 of term

No refund

Refunds for 8 Week-Courses

Time of Withdrawal

Tuition Refund

Through week 1 of term (By Sunday 11:59 p.m. CST, Week 1)

100 percent

During week 2 of term (By Sunday 11:59 p.m. CST, Week 2)

50 percent

During week 3 of term (By Sunday 11:59 p.m. CST, Week 3)

25 percent

After week 3 of term

No refund

Refunds for 4- & 6-Week Courses

Time of Withdrawal

Tuition Refund

Through week 1 of term (By Sunday 11:59 p.m. CST, Week 1)

100 percent

During week 2 of term (By Sunday 11:59 p.m. CST, Week 2)

50 percent

After week 2 of term

No refund

  • Any part-time or non-traditional student (enrolled in 11 or fewer credit hours) who withdraws from one or more courses after a term has begun is eligible for a refund of the tuition charges for those courses according to the schedule in the table above.
  • Full-time undergraduate traditional students (enrolled in 12 to 18 credit hours) whose full-time academic status is not affected by the withdrawal from a course or courses they have already attended are not eligible for any refund of tuition for the withdrawal from those courses. If by withdrawing from the course, a student is no longer enrolled full-time they should consult their Student Financial Services Counselor to determine potential loss of aid eligibility.
  • Any student wishing to completely withdraw from Lindenwood University after week one of classes should submit a completed withdrawal form, signed by the student’s advisor or the Student and Academic Support Office (SASS) to the Office of Academic Services.

Notes: (1) Calculations of the return of Title IV aid for withdrawals occurring during the first two weeks of a term will be based on the last date of attendance for the term in which the student withdraws. Students who initiate a withdrawal from the university after the first two weeks of the term will be eligible for a refund of Title IV aid based on the date that the withdrawal form was submitted to Academic Services. A student who remains enrolled beyond the 60 percent point of the term will not be entitled to a return of Title IV aid.

(2) Any student who earns the grade of AF in all coursework within a term will be considered unofficially withdrawn for that term and will be subject to a Title IV refund calculation. Based on this calculation, a portion of Title IV aid may be unearned and required to be returned to the appropriate agency.

(3)  Students should refer to their Housing Contract for terms and conditions. Application, lab, miscellaneous fees, and room reservation deposits are nonrefundable, except as indicated under the Housing Deposit section of this catalog.

Appeals of Refund Calculation

Appeals of withdrawal and refund calculations or other institutional charges from students and parents who feel that individual circumstances warrant exceptions from published policy should email BusinessOfficeAppeals@lindenwood.edu. In order to appeal a decision, the student must submit a written request including any evidence that would substantiate the appeal.

Refund Distribution of Financial Aid

After the amount of the refund has been calculated, the Student Financial Services Office will determine the Title IV refund amounts according to the calculation schedule approved by the U.S. Department of Education. Refunds to specific Title IV programs will be made to the following programs in the order outlined:

  1. Outstanding balances on FFEL Program Loans (Unsubsidized Stafford, Subsidized Stafford)
  2. PLUS
  3. Federal Pell Grant awards
  4. Federal SEOG awards
  5. Other Title IV student assistance
  6. Other federal, state, private, or institutional aid
  7. The student

No Title IV program may receive a portion of the federal refund amount if that program was not part of the student’s original package.

Cash Disbursements

When a student officially or unofficially withdraws from school and has received a cash disbursement for educational expenses that exceeds non-institutional costs of education up to that time, the student owes the excess amount to the Title IV program(s) that helped meet the student’s educational costs. Lindenwood University will follow the same procedures used in the refund policy to determine which Title IV program(s) will receive the student-owed repayment. The university will notify, bill, and collect the amount owed the Title IV program(s) from the student.