Financial Assistance

Financial aid is available to all qualified students. Financial need may be met through a combination of state, federal, and institutional aid. Federal grants are outlined elsewhere in this catalog. Institutional awards and grants are offered in the areas of academics, leadership, athletics, and the fine arts.

The financial aid program assists students with financial need who would otherwise be unable to receive an education. Financial need is calculated as the difference between the cost of attendance and the expected family contribution from the student and parent(s). The primary responsibility for paying the student’s education expenses rests with the student and the student’s family, and the university expects both the student and parent(s) to make a realistic contribution to meet these costs; financial aid is a supplement for those students and families who cannot afford the entire cost of a university education.

Financial aid is provided in the form of an award, grant, or loan and/or work funds that will help meet this need. What the student is expected to pay is determined by a standard analysis of the financial statement the student and family must file. Lindenwood University uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for all Title IV and institutional assistance. Upon completion of all documentation necessary to establish eligibility, financial assistance will be posted to student's accounts at least once each term.

To be considered for financial assistance, a student applying for need-based aid must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online at The Lindenwood University school code is 002480. If students have any questions about their SAR (Student Aid Report), they are encouraged to call 1-800-433-3243. Lindenwood does not require students to fill out supplementary fee-based forms to determine eligibility for institutional financial aid.

All students wishing to receive Title IV aid must submit a valid set of Student Aid Reports or a valid ISIR (Institutional Student Information Record), which results from the processing of the FAFSA, and must complete any required verification.