Veterans’ Benefits

Veterans and service members who believe they may be eligible for benefits can receive information and applications through the Veterans Affairs Center. Educational assistance may be provided to widows or children of veterans who have fallen in service or who are disabled because of service-related injuries. Spouses and children of disabled veterans may also be eligible for assistance as determined by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.

It is the responsibility of the students to notify the VA certifying official of any changes in their class schedules, degree, or major. The VA school certifying official must promptly report changes to the Department of Veterans Affairs when notified that a veteran is making unsatisfactory progress or has withdrawn from a class or from studies.

The Department of Veterans Affairs requires that institutions report specific information, and as a condition of being certified to receive benefits from the VA, the student receiving such benefits acknowledges the following policies, which may differ from those required of other students at Lindenwood:

  • The university will notify the VA of all terminations, interruptions, or changes in semester-hour load within 30 days of occurrence. This may change the benefits available to the student.
  • The student accepts the responsibility of notifying the registrar, the VA certifying official at the university, and the student’s advisor immediately in case of withdrawal from any course.
  • The student accepts the responsibility of notifying instructors of any expected absence from class. A student may be withdrawn by the university for excessive absence.
  • The school certifying officials shall inform the Department of Veterans Affairs that progress is no longer satisfactory with the accumulation of 12 or more hours of F grades.
  • Students receiving benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs must comply with the university’s general policies regarding withdrawal, attendance, and satisfactory progress.

This institution abides by Section 103 of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018. This policy ensures that we will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 recipient borrow additional funds to cover the individual's inability to meet financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of a payment by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

If you have any questions regarding veteran’s education benefits including federal and state tuition assistance for the reserves and National Guard components, please call the Lindenwood Veterans Affairs Center at the St. Charles campus at (636) 627-2922.